Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Trouble Is The Name Trouble Is The Name is offline

Default how do i delete header on page break

I have created a template with a graphic design and a page break, I am
having the first page header wanting to transfer on the second page. I have
tried and tried without any success.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Trouble Is The Name wrote:
I have created a template with a graphic design and a page break, I am
having the first page header wanting to transfer on the second page. I have
tried and tried without any success.

Enter the header, hit CTRL-A (SelectAll) and Copy. Then go to the second
page's header, and paste.

[And afterwards, you might want to contemplate whether your template
might be better off w/o the "Different First Page" header.]

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

1. View | Header and Footer.

2. Select the header content and Copy.

3. Click the Page Setup button on the Header and Footer toolbar and check
the box for "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup.

4. Depending on what page you were on when you started, you will be viewing
either an empty First Page Header or the Header from which you copied the
content.

a. If the former, Paste.

b. If the latter, click Show Previous to get to the First Page Header;
Paste. Then click Show Next to get back to the Header and delete its content
(you could omit this step by using Cut in the first place, but this
understandably makes many users nervous).

"Trouble Is The Name" wrote in
message ...