Lazuli8

Default How do I turn off the blue wavy underline?

Word 2002: Red and green wavy underlines indicating spelling and grammar
alerts disappear after running the function. A blue wavy underline runs
throughout my document under most text and partially on blank lines. Turning
off the grammar & style function does not help. How do I clear this from the
document?
Genine

The blue wavy underlines are Word's way of pointing out formatting
inconsistencies.
Here's the blurb from Word help:

Microsoft Word can detect formatting inconsistencies as you type, and then
mark them with a blue, wavy underline.

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Edit tab.
Under Editing options, select the Keep track of formatting check box, if it
is not already selected.
Under Editing options, select the Mark formatting inconsistencies check box.
Formatting inconsistencies will be marked with blue, wavy underlines.

In your document, right-click the blue, wavy underline where a formatting
inconsistency has occurred.
You will be prompted to replace one of the following; click the option that
applies.

Direct formatting that's similar to formatting that you've applied more
frequently.
List formatting that's similar to other list formatting.
Direct formatting that matches a style.
Note To have Word remove the blue, wavy underline and not correct this
inconsistency, click Ignore Once. To skip all occurrences of the
inconsistency in the document, click Ignore Rule.