Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Soarhi Soarhi is offline

Default How do I tell the vertical position of the cursor on the vertical

How do I display the position of the cursor on the vertical (or horizontal)
ruler?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know of any way to do this on the vertical ruler (except by
scrolling the screen down so the cursor is just above the bottom or below
the top), but the vertical position is indicated on the status bar.

Horizontal position is indicated on the status bar in "columns," which isn't
very helpful, but if you click to insert a tab and drag it, a broken line
will extend down from it that you can move to the cursor position to see
where it is on the ruler.

http://word.mvps.org