Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jsullinger jsullinger is offline

Default Date field showing time

I have an imported Excel file in Access 2007 that I am using in a mail merge.
There is a Date/Time field that in database is listed as format for date
only. In original Excel, this was also a date only. However, in my word mail
merge, the date is showing in a different format than selected in database,
and it is also showing a time, ie. 2008-02-06 00:00:00. I cant seem to
resolve this, and have a sendout that is urgent for a bulk delivery. Any
ideas how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In your mail merge main document, use Alt-F9 to shw the underlying field
codes. Let's suppose your field is called mydate

Find

{ MERGEFIELD mydate }

and type the following after mydate

\@ "DD/MM/YYYY"

so you have

{ MERGEFIELD mydate \@ "DD/MM/YYYY" }

(Use MM/DD/YYYY if you need month first, etc. etc. - if you look around
Word help you should see the formats.)

then preview.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk