wdavid_99

Default In Word 2003, How do I prevent inserted date from automatically u.

In Word 2003, how do I prevent an inserted date from automatically updating
every time I open the file?
CyberTaz

Hi wd-

One way, of course, is to type it in rather than using the InsertDate &
Time Command. Second is to press Enter if the AutoComplete date is correct.

Third (where the problem may be coming from) is to use the InsertDate &
Time Command, but make sure there is no check in the box to Update
Automatically.

In an existing doc you can select & Cut the date 'field', then use
EditPaste SpecialUnformatted Text to paste it back into the same spot.

HTH |:)
"wdavid_99" wrote:

In Word 2003, how do I prevent an inserted date from automatically updating
every time I open the file?

Press Alt+F9 to display the date field. Edit it to change DATE or TIME to
CREATEDATE. Alt+F9 again to toggle the view back, then F9 to update. As a
general rule, use a CREATEDATE field in your template.

"wdavid_99" wrote in message
In Word 2003, how do I prevent an inserted date from automatically

updating
every time I open the file?

SRSior

To stop the inserted date from automatically updating, you can select the
date and then type 'Cntrl F11' to freeze the date field. 'Cntl Shift F11'
allows the field to be updated.

"wdavid_99" wrote:

In Word 2003, how do I prevent an inserted date from automatically updating
every time I open the file?

If you don't ever want it to update, then unlinking it (with Ctrl+Shift+F9)
would be more satisfactory than locking it. But it would be better still to
insert either date text or a CreateDate field to begin with.

"wdavid_99" wrote:

In Word 2003, how do I prevent an inserted date from automatically

updating
every time I open the file?

1st word in heading flush left second word flush right Elin New Users 9 April 4th 05 08:44 PM
What is the difference between Word Perfect and Microsoft Word, a. Jan New Users 4 March 31st 05 09:41 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
How can I disable date and timestamp from comments in Word 2003? Don Burgess Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 04 03:56 PM