UX

Default Insert Object

I have to insert the content of a word document in another=20
word doc. I did it through "Insert -- Object" menu --=20
Create from file and checking "Link to file" checkbox.=20

Thats exactly what I need except for one thing. It only=20
shows the first page of the original document.

Does anybody know who can I change this? I=B4ve tryid doing=20
it by inserting the file as a link but that=B4s not the=20
behavior that I need...

I will very much appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
Richard Neville

In the document to be copied, select the entire document (Ctrl+A) and then
the Copy command. You can paste the whole thing into the destination
document this way.

"UX" wrote in message
I have to insert the content of a word document in another
word doc. I did it through "Insert -- Object" menu --
Create from file and checking "Link to file" checkbox.

Thats exactly what I need except for one thing. It only
shows the first page of the original document.

Does anybody know who can I change this? Iīve tryid doing
it by inserting the file as a link but thatīs not the
behavior that I need...

I will very much appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

If I use Insert|File I can modify the text in both=20
documents separately. The link is just "one way", I mean,=20
if you modify the original works fine, but you are allowed=20
to modify the other one without any alert and you would=20
lose your changes if you update the link again...

The only way I found to do it efectively is=20
using "Insert|Object" menu...

Thanks anyway

Instead, use Insert | File. If you like, you can choose=20

the "Insert as Link"
option.

--=20
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups=20

to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

.

Insert key bbrock Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 02:58 PM
How do I insert into Microsoft Word from QuickVerse program? Keith Microsoft Word Help 0 December 14th 04 02:01 AM
How can I insert multiple files at once into a document? Confused Word User Microsoft Word Help 1 December 10th 04 05:12 PM
Insert Excel Worksheets into Word Document Barb Reinhardt Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 06:30 PM
The Insert Key cjkoeb Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 04 01:25 AM