Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CBHoelzel CBHoelzel is offline

Default address book from excel?

I have an Excel spreadsheet with names, addresses, etc. and wish to use
MailMerge (or something) to put them in a two column format so I can print it
as needed. So far I have gotten to a template set up as I wish, but when I
tell it to do a merge I get one full page of the first entry, one full page
of the second entry, and so on, ad infinitum. What step have I missed?

Chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use a catalog, or in Word XP and later it is called a directory, type
mailmerge main document in which you have only a one row table, in the cells
of which you insert the merge fields. When you execute such a merge to a
new document, that document will contain a table with a row of data for each
record in the datasource.

If you mean that you want the data arranged in two columns, format the main
document to have two columns and setup the table in the first column.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP