Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RGDudley RGDudley is offline

Default convert styles to formatted text

I need to submit a manuscript as a word document and I need to remove styles
but keep the formatting that was created by the styles.

Is there a way to automatically convert styles in Word 2003 to regular
formatted text?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You cannot remove styles from Word. All paragraphs have styles attached.
Word is a style based application?
What then do you mean by 'regular formatted text' in this context?
What is the purpose of the exercise?
Save As RTF then open in WordPad may be as close as you can get?

RGDudley wrote:
I need to submit a manuscript as a word document and I need to remove
styles but keep the formatting that was created by the styles.

Is there a way to automatically convert styles in Word 2003 to regular
formatted text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RGDudley RGDudley is offline

yes there is a purpose. Sending the word document via an online service to
several unknown recipients who may not have the same default 'styles' in the
default style sheet.

So basic formatting (e.g. bold etc) and capturing the headings setting I
used as text formatted without a style sheet would be easier than
reformatting this all manually.

What I meant is that I would like to get rid of the dependence on style
sheet but keep the formatting that they created. (Sort of like removing
field codes for cross references etc).

Richard

RGDudley wrote:
I need to submit a manuscript as a word document and I need to remove
styles but keep the formatting that was created by the styles.

Is there a way to automatically convert styles in Word 2003 to regular
formatted text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your worries are baseless. The styles are saved in the document and travel
with it.

http://word.mvps.org