Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard Howard is offline

Default converting Word Templates from 2003 to 2007

In Word 2003 there is a lock feature that opens & shuts down the template
features and allows one to copy the document (among other features). When I
copy the template to Word 2007, I can't get out of template and activate the
"select all" and "copy features" I need to be able to do this to utilize the
template.

Thanks--

Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From your contorted description, it sounds as though your 'template' is not
a template from which you create documents, but a pro-forma protected form.
Either way protected forms created in Word 2003 are still usable in Word
2007. You will find the forms tools on the developer tab of the ribbon
(which is not present by default, but can be added from Word Options
Popular.) If you do a lot of work with forms then you will find
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful.

If you have to unlock a form in order to use it, then you should consider
whether such a form is the best approach for your document.
Forms are best employed solely for filling in the form fields.