Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ArthurN ArthurN is offline

Default Help with filling forms needed

Hi,
Quite often I get the forms in Ms Word to fill in, which seem to have been
create more for print, e.g. something looking like this (font times new
roman):
Name______ Last Name __________
Birth Place ______ Birth Date ______
Whenever I try to fill them in on my computer (using underlining & deleting
some nderscores) the structure of the form gets broken.
Is there a way to fill them in a more elegant way?
Creating from elements by hand wouldn't be a solution as there's a create
number of forms like that.
Thanks in advance,
Arthur
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If they've been designed for print, then much the easiest solution is to
print them and fill them out by hand or with a typewriter. It's not your
job to recreate forms that have been created by others. But if you want to
create your own forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to. (And if you
really want to "fix" the forms you receive, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm.)

http://word.mvps.org

"ArthurN" wrote in message
Hi,
Quite often I get the forms in Ms Word to fill in, which seem to have been
create more for print, e.g. something looking like this (font times new
roman):
Name______ Last Name __________
Birth Place ______ Birth Date ______
Whenever I try to fill them in on my computer (using underlining &
deleting
some nderscores) the structure of the form gets broken.
Is there a way to fill them in a more elegant way?
Creating from elements by hand wouldn't be a solution as there's a create
number of forms like that.
Thanks in advance,
Arthur

Filling Out Forms Julie Adams New Users 2 November 18th 08 07:17 AM
Filling in forms Lilly Microsoft Word Help 4 October 20th 08 12:33 AM
Filling In Forms Lou70433 Microsoft Word Help 3 September 27th 08 03:58 AM
filling out forms Deryl New Users 2 November 7th 07 05:32 PM
Filling in forms slippers Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 06 04:57 PM