cameroda1 cameroda1 is offline
Junior Member

Default Table of Contents problem - I think??

Hi,

I have a 25 page document which has a header page, followed by a Table of Contents(TOC) and then followed with 23 pages of clauses which are numbered i.e.:-

1. Interprtetation.
1.1 Interpretaion of 1st item
2. Definitions.
3. Representatives
4. Warranties

The TOC is built up of the main sections 1,2,3,4 etc....
The numbering in the document has gone wierd and is now a mixture of manual and automatic numbering, which presents some issues, however, it is manageable..

My latest problem is that when I try to modify the numbering multiple numbers are highlighted i.e. 2,3,4 are all highlighted and when I change the number 2, 3 and 4 also become 2 and the TOC updates to 2 for 2,3 and 4.

Hopefully, this makes sense....

Any thoughts?
Thanks