Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
x5bulldog x5bulldog is offline

Default Tab Leaders in Table of Contents

When creating a TOCs I only want dotted tab leaders for Levels 2-4. But for
Level 1 I want the Heading not to have any dotted tab leaders.

When I create a TOCs and I pick dotted tab leaders each level is given leaders

Can someone help me with this

Example (this is want i want)

CHAPTER 1 3
INTRODUCTION...............................3
###........................................4
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kmewing kmewing is offline

My instructions here pertain to Word 2003.

To edit the format for individual TOC levels, click "Insert|Reference|Index
and Tables." Click the tab for Table of Contents, then click the Modify
button. This brings up a Style window for TOC levels.

In your case, select TOC1 in the Style window and click the Modify button.
This brings up a Modify Style window. Click the Format button and select
Tabs. This brings up a familiar-looking Tabs window. On this window you can
select the leader for the TOC1 entry. Clicking OK brings you back to the
Modify Style window.

If you want your change to be permanently entered into the template, click
the checkbox for "Add to template," then click OK.

Ken

"x5bulldog" wrote:

When creating a TOCs I only want dotted tab leaders for Levels 2-4. But for
Level 1 I want the Heading not to have any dotted tab leaders.

When I create a TOCs and I pick dotted tab leaders each level is given leaders

Can someone help me with this

Example (this is want i want)

CHAPTER 1 3
INTRODUCTION...............................3
###........................................4

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
x5bulldog x5bulldog is offline

I followed your instructions and it either gives me no leaders or leaders for
all the TOC levels. I selected TOC1 and selected none. Then I selected TOC2
and selected dotted leaders. Then selected TOC3 and selected dotted leaders.
And I did it vice versa, but it either gives me no leaders or leaders for
each TOC level. I have Word 2003

"x5bulldog" wrote:

When creating a TOCs I only want dotted tab leaders for Levels 2-4. But for
Level 1 I want the Heading not to have any dotted tab leaders.

When I create a TOCs and I pick dotted tab leaders each level is given leaders

Can someone help me with this

Example (this is want i want)

CHAPTER 1 3

Marioh7 Marioh7 is offline
Junior Member

you can visit my website: spistresci.y0.pl/en I explained there how to create in 10 minutes table of contents by manually