Mary Hintzman Mary Hintzman is offline
Junior Member

Default Track Changes

I work with track changes rather extensively. As of today, suddenly when I choose "none" as my insertion and deletion options it does not work. The changes turn to black and look as if they belong in the document, but the deletion do not disappear. The additions seem to work ok. When I change my option to any other (italics, strikeover, etc.) that works just fine.

The only real changes I want to show in the document are the change bars on the right hand side. But I need to be able to view the changes when necessary by changing my options back to color and strikeover.

I'm at a loss. I have called our IT department to see if there is something that changed that they are aware of....they did "revert" my system back to Monday, December 6th (when it was working fine) and the document appeared as it should....but the minute I changed my track changes options the problem was back.

This is a critical issue and I'm not sure where to turn.