gluepack gluepack is offline
Junior Member

Default Printing pages upside down

I have been creating a nice A4 calendar for a few years. It’s a standard type of calendar with picture at top of page and month in table layout below.

The problem is that I only have a comb binder (as opposed to spiral) and it doesn’t lend itself to that type of job, when the comb is at the top of the A4 sheet. However, I just realised (lol, after several years?) that I could put the comb across the centre (of the calendar while hanging) and have a hole punched at the top (well, effectively, the bottom too) for hanging it.

I despise the fact that every printer (at least inkjet) that I have used always has a sizable bottom margin (I’m sure there are some out there that don’t) but now, with my calendar, I have an application that can make use of (or lessen the impact of) that fact, if only I could print pages (in Word 2000) upside down.

I don’t care about the annoyance of August’s table printing with April’s picture. I’m sure, as I am cutting them in half anyway, that if I thought about it I could ease that process but, for simplicity, if I have to organize it so August’s table has to print on the same sheet as April’s picture then so be it.

I don’t care about the annoyance of probably having to revert to manual duplexing as opposed to making use of the built-in automated function.

All of these things are annoying but the most annoying thing is that I don’t know how to print a page upside down i.e. so that, when rotated so that it views correctly, that sizable 1.26cm bottom margin is actually at the top of the page, just above the monthly picture and the monthly table makes full use of the space, from just below half way down the A4 sheet to that bottom 0.17cm.

Any ideas would be welcome.

I would just copy the thing into CorelDraw and manipulate it there. The big problem with that is that it contains Cyrillic fonts and the version of CorelDraw that I have does not lend itself to importing other than Roman text.
Big_Al Big_Al is offline
Junior Member

Location: Bristol UK

May be printer specific, but have you got an option in your File - Print - Properties to "rotate by 180 degrees" ?
gluepack gluepack is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
May be printer specific, but have you got an option in your File - Print - Properties to "rotate by 180 degrees" ?
Thanks for responding. I have three printers, all HP. An OfficeJet K80, a DeskJet 970C and a DeskJet F2180. Only the 970C has that option on properties. However, it is greyed out. Perhaps there is some way of invoking it. I'll check.
gluepack gluepack is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluepack View Post
Thanks for responding. I have three printers, all HP. An OfficeJet K80, a DeskJet 970C and a DeskJet F2180. Only the 970C has that option on properties. However, it is greyed out. Perhaps there is some way of invoking it. I'll check.
Ahhhh... I think I have figured it out (touch wood, I should probably actually try it first).

I have Acrobat 6 and I have a plug-in for Word to create a PDF.

I have made up a small booklet that will enable me to massage my Word file so that the correct month's picture is on the same page as the appropriate month's table. I can then create the PDF.

In Acrobat, I can rotate the pages (it centres them) and then, using the Document/Pages/Crop function, can move the image up the page.