doug thomas

Default Word Table of Contents Problem

I havea problem with a 105 page document that I have written. I added in
four pages recently, and when I attempt to update the table of contents
field, it does not pick up the three entries that I have set using the
Heading 1 and Heading 2 format styles.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what I am missing in doing this?

If this is posted to the wrong newsgroup, can someone suggest the right one?

Doug Thomas
Welland, Ontario

Stefan Blom

How did you create your headings in the other parts of the document?
With built-in headings, custom styles, TC fields, and/or outline
levels?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"doug thomas" wrote in message
I havea problem with a 105 page document that I have written. I

added in
four pages recently, and when I attempt to update the table of

contents
field, it does not pick up the three entries that I have set using

the
Heading 1 and Heading 2 format styles.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what I am missing in doing this?

If this is posted to the wrong newsgroup, can someone suggest the

right one?

Doug Thomas
Welland, Ontario

doug thomas

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

I simply used the heading 1, 2 and 3 styles, which have built in formats,
and are preset by Word. I did nothing fancy myself.

Doug Thomas

Marioh7 Marioh7 is offline
Junior Member

you can visit my website: spistresci.y0.pl/en I explained there how to create in 10 minutes table of contents by manually