Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VJ

Default Image Refresh & "Delete Block" confirmation removal

Hello All,

I am experiencing a couple of inconveniences with Word and would very much
appreciate your help in fixing thse.

Ok here goes:

1. When I add images to a document, they appear blank. When I click on the
area where the image is supposed to be, I see the image border come up but do
not see the image itself. However, when I click one of the actions on the
Picture Toolbar, the image appears. Then when I scroll down, the portion of
the image that exceeded the page view area remains blank. This makes me think
the problem is with refreshing the document. Could someone tell me what
setting to set/change so the image is visible all the time?

2. When I highlight a block of lines and hit the delete button, I get a
question in the status bar - Delete Block (Yes/No). If I hit Y the block is
deleted. How do I get rid of this so I don't have to hit Y every time to
delete a couple of lines?

3. Don't know if this is a Word problem or an IE problem, but how do I set
the Word mime types (i think) so when I click on Word Doc links online, I
can open it in stead of having it save it before my PC recognizes it as a
word doc.? Right now, any word doc I try to open via a link, I get a
"Unrecognized File Type" box that forces me to save it before I can open it.

Thank you all for your time and I'd truly appreciate any help you can
provide with these issues.

Happy Holidays,

VJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

1. If you have tools options view show picture placeholders unchecked,
then this appears to be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
causing particular problems.

In the case of the latter, the latest driver
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1764
appears to fix the problem. DON'T TRY TO USE THIS DRIVER WITH ANY OTHER
CHIPSET/ADAPTER.

If you have the problem with a different display adapter and are sure you
are using the latest driver, then try reducing the display's hardware
acceleration.

2. Tools Options General uncheck the two Word Perfect options.

3. This is probably a result of Microsoft's various attempts at improving
security. It is not good practice to open Word documents remotely. Always
download to your hard drive first.

VJ wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VJ

Thank you Graham. I believe the problem with the picture display is the
driver (the picture placeholder option is unchecked). Would you happen to
know of any updates for the Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
Family - I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop

Your answer to #2 (uncheck wordperfect options) helped fix it. Thank you.

For #3, would you happen to know if this is a particular MS hotfix that can
be rolled-back. The reason I ask is I am an instructor and conduct online
classes where all work is done via word documents, and it takes me twice as
much time to download each submission, save it, open it and then grade it.

Thank you once again for your help,

VJ

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

1. If you have tools options view show picture placeholders unchecked,
then this appears to be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the IntelĀ® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family

VJ wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Search at Google for "Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
Family driver update"
As for the hotfix - I can't help you there.