Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dionigi Dionigi is offline

Default how do I stop word from making decisions for me?

I do not want word to make a list just because I type in a number at the
start of a sentence. I do not want word to indent my work for me because I
tab each sentence at the start. How do I stop this monster from deciding what
I want it to do I am in charge of the word processor but this software seems
to think that it is and it is driving me crazy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Try disabling autoformatting. Office button = Word Options = Proofing =
AutoCorrect Options... = AutoFormat tab.

For more info, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291473

Yves