Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicki Vicki is offline

Default Return symbols and tab symbols show on screen and do not want?

How do I undo so these symbols do not appear? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Vicki wrote:
How do I undo so these symbols do not appear? Thanks

Click the ¶ button on the toolbar/ribbon or press Ctrl+Shift+8.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for
information.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to switch nonprinting marks on and off (or use the ¶
button on the Standard toolbar or on Home tab of the ribbon, depending on
your version of Word). And see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for more information.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Vicki" wrote in message
How do I undo so these symbols do not appear? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jul 27, 1:31*pm, Vicki wrote:
How do I undo so these symbols do not appear? *Thanks

If you _only_ have paragraph marks and tab symbols, but not a dot
after every word, then those two things are checked in your Display
Options (the Ctrl-Shift-8 doesn't override them).

But your use of Word will be much more successful if you leave those
two items showing.