Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Owl1 Owl1 is offline

Default Word Clipboard Toolbar Always Docks Itself

I hope somebody can solve this. I use Word 2000 (9.0, 3821 SR-1) and use the
*floating* Clipboard toolbar a lot in my work. Somehow - I don't know how -
the Clipboard toolbar now docks itself automatically, so that every time I
close and reopen Word, and then press Ctrl-C twice to display the Clipboard
toolbar, it appears docked above the formatting toolbar. I then have to drag
it down beside my document to see and use its 12 cells. Since I have to do
this again and again, this is getting old!

I've tried Detect & Repair, and have scoured the internet for a solution,
without luck. I found someone who told people how to get Word 2000 to dock
its Clipboard toolbar *permanently* by going to Control Panel Accessibility
Options and click on "Show extra keyboard help in program". That box isn't
checked.

I have tried installing a backup copy I made of Word's normal.dot, in case
this has been corrupted, but this didn't help, either.

Thanks very much for any suggestions!