tim

Default drag and drop from file manager

How do I stop Word 'opening as text' a binary file dragged and dropped from
File Explorer ?
Charles Kenyon

I don't know that you do. Why are you attempting to open binary files with
Word?
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"tim" wrote in message
How do I stop Word 'opening as text' a binary file dragged and dropped
from
File Explorer ?

tim

"tim" wrote in message
How do I stop Word 'opening as text' a binary file dragged and dropped
from
File Explorer ?

I want to drag a WAV file onto a document and have it appear as an icon so that when the icon is clicked I hear the WAV.

That should happen, and does happen on other computers, but on my home PC
when I drag and drop the WAV file, Word opens it and shows me a text
rendition of the WAV file.

Charles Kenyon

With Word open I drag to the document itself (either the window or the
taskbar button). Never tried dragging to the desktop icon for Word, itself.
Never occured to me to try. (I generally use the insert picture icon on the
standard toolbar or Insert Picture when I want to insert a picture.)