Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ntulley ntulley is offline

Default Skipping a field

Here are a few of my columns: NOSUB_Text, NOSUB_FALL, NOSUB_SPRING,
FSSL_Text, FSSL_FALL, FSSL_SPRING.

What I need to do is write an if statement that would allow me to skip one
of these fields and leave it blank if it is not present in the merge document.

Example: One day I might get all of these fields with information in it,
but the next day I will only get the NOSUB. So, I want Write and if statment
that would skip the FSSL fields.

I would have to write the statement for each one, so in general what would
it be?

{IF Missing{FSSL_Text} ""} ?????? The problem is, column will not show at
all in the spreadsheet if that student did not receive an FSSL award, but my
Mail Merge is set-up to catch both FSSL and NOSUB.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the fields do not appear in the data source, you will either have to
delete them from the mail merge main document, or have a number of mail
merge main documents each with the one of the possible collections of fields
and then use the appropriate one for the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ntulley" wrote in message
[...]

Skipping every other record MBarone Mailmerge 3 January 12th 07 04:19 PM
Skipping Labels JerryT Mailmerge 4 March 4th 06 07:58 AM
Skipping lines with Enter Dorothy Microsoft Word Help 8 February 17th 06 12:30 AM
skipping automatic numbers Jane Davies Microsoft Word Help 2 February 3rd 06 05:03 PM
Skipping records SonicDBA via OfficeKB.com Mailmerge 0 February 23rd 05 11:31 AM