Jamie

Default show only final version of document

I have a form that I want to protect for forms. When a user opens the form
the default view is "Final Showing Markup". This causes extra infomration
from the track changes and comments to appear. The problem is that with the
document protected the user cannot change the type of view. I have tried
saving the document with it in the "Final Vesion" view but it defaults back
to markups automatically.

Any ideas?

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:51:03 -0800, "Jamie"
wrote:

I have a form that I want to protect for forms. When a user opens the form
the default view is "Final Showing Markup". This causes extra infomration
from the track changes and comments to appear. The problem is that with the
document protected the user cannot change the type of view. I have tried
saving the document with it in the "Final Vesion" view but it defaults back
to markups automatically.

Any ideas?

Hi Jamie,

To avoid opening the form with tracked changes showing, get rid of the
changes -- that is, before you send the form to anyone, unprotect it
and click Accept All on the reviewing toolbar. Reprotect the form,
save it, and send it. If you want to keep a record of the changes, do
all this on a copy of the original.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman