Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sheesheefoofoo

Default Enhance "view/mark-up" formatting

I've noticed that you can only see your tracked changes when "view" setting
is "print layout" and not when "view" setting is "normal layout." As we
rely on tracked changes at the company I work at, a few of us had gone
through every setting under the "track changes" tab under "tools/options."
We thought we had lost all the changes because we couldnt' see them, and all
our settings were the same for other documents. It doesn't seem logical to
have a restriction to viewing the "track changes" or edits we've made,
depending on what page layout is selected.

I suggest track changes be viewable in any setting, as long as you've
selected "view/markup." Thank you!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Ordinarily in Normal view you see additions as underlined and deletions as
strikethrough. Balloons are not displayed in Normal view. You might check
Tools | Options | Track Changes to see what your settings for formatting of
insertions and deletions are.

"sheesheefoofoo" wrote in message
I've noticed that you can only see your tracked changes when "view"

setting
is "print layout" and not when "view" setting is "normal layout." As we
rely on tracked changes at the company I work at, a few of us had gone
through every setting under the "track changes" tab under "tools/options."
We thought we had lost all the changes because we couldnt' see them, and

all
our settings were the same for other documents. It doesn't seem logical

have a restriction to viewing the "track changes" or edits we've made,
depending on what page layout is selected.

I suggest track changes be viewable in any setting, as long as you've
selected "view/markup." Thank you!

this