Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Horse The Horse is offline

Default Word 2007 How do I have all documents open in the one window?

I am using Word 2007. When I have more than one document open at a time I
want them open in the same window, so that I CTRL-TAB, rather than ALT-TAB,
between them. I haven't been able to find anythign useful in the help file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Horse,

You can turn off the "Show all windows in the Taskbar" setting in Word 2007 options (File Button=Options=Advanced=Display) to
remove the Alt+Tab behavior, but Ctrl+Tab isn't the Word keyboard shortcut for switching between those open documents.

=====================
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It is sometimes frustrating that Word does not honour the Ctrl+Tab
convention for switching between windows within an application - and uses
Ctrl+F6 (or Alt+F6) instead. It is possible (see below) to assign Ctrl+Tab
to the NextWindow command using VBA (but not possible via the UI) but you
then lose the ability to do other things with Ctrl+Tab like putting a Tab
character in a Table Cell.

With KeyBindings
.Add KeyCode:=BuildKeyCode(wdKeyTab, wdKeyControl), _
KeyCategory:=wdKeyCategoryCommand, _
Command:="NextWindow"
.Add KeyCode:=BuildKeyCode(wdKeyTab, wdKeyControl, wdKeyShift), _
KeyCategory:=wdKeyCategoryCommand, _
Command:="PrevWindow"
End With

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"The Horse" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007. When I have more than one document open at a time I
want them open in the same window, so that I CTRL-TAB, rather than
ALT-TAB,
between them. I haven't been able to find anythign useful in the help
file.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Horse The Horse is offline

Thanks for the tip Tony, but I'll stick with Ctrl+F6 for switching between
docs and keep Ctrl+tab for tabbing in table cells.