Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PaulH PaulH is offline

Default Pocket Word and Word 2007 compatability

Hope this is the best forum for this.

Can anyone help, I've just installed an HP iPAQ with Pocket Word with my new
Vista machine with Word 2007, and I can see, but can't open pocket word files
stored on the iPAQ on my PC. Is there a converter needed? if so where do I
get it?

Grateful for any assistance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

As I understand it, Microsoft has not released a converter to enable you to
move Word 2007 files to Pocket Word or vice versa.

The general workaround is to use Word 2007 to save files in Word 2003
format. For details, see
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/office2007/word2007.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"PaulH" wrote in message
Hope this is the best forum for this.

Can anyone help, I've just installed an HP iPAQ with Pocket Word with my
new
Vista machine with Word 2007, and I can see, but can't open pocket word
files
stored on the iPAQ on my PC. Is there a converter needed? if so where do I
get it?

Grateful for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PaulH PaulH is offline

Shauna, thanks, I will follow you link, but the main problem is reading
Pocket Word files IN Word 2007, not vital to do it the other way round.

Do you know about how to do this or do I really have to wait for a patch?

Thanks

"PaulH" wrote in message
Hope this is the best forum for this.

Can anyone help, I've just installed an HP iPAQ with Pocket Word with my
new
Vista machine with Word 2007, and I can see, but can't open pocket word
files
stored on the iPAQ on my PC. Is there a converter needed? if so where do I
get it?

Grateful for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

I don't think that Word 2007 can open Pocket Word files, but to be sure, I
suggest that you ask your question in the appropriate mobile devices
newsgroup.