Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Louise Louise is offline

Default Preserve format of data in Excel when doing a mail merge

I am using Office 2007 and am trying to do a mail merge using data from an
Excel spreadsheet. I have a 'Salary' field in Excel with the data formatted
in the £ currency style e.g. £30,000.00 but when I merge the data, I lose the
formatting. How can I keep the formatting in the same way as it is displayed
in Excel?
--
Thanks, Lou
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word does not import Excel formatting.Use a currency formatting switch on
the field. http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm