Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robo Robo is offline

Default Save Mail Merge as .pdf

In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document to printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print dialog box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "How to do a mail merge to the printer using VBA, without
displaying the Print dialog" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...PrintrWVBA.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Robo" wrote in message
In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document to
printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print dialog
box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is not going to overcome the fact that primoPDF appears to require a user
acknowledgement for each record, which can get very wearing with a large
merge

Thanks Doug, That's a big help

"Robo" wrote in message
In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document to
printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print
dialog box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Graham,

But if the merge is executed to a new document and then that new document is
printed (as the macro is doing), then there is only one print job that may
require user acknowledgement.

--

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It is not going to overcome the fact that primoPDF appears to require a
user acknowledgement for each record, which can get very wearing with a
large merge

Thanks Doug, That's a big help

"Robo" wrote in message
In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document to
printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print
dialog box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

True - but would the OP want all the merged records in one PDF? I would have
thought this more of a task for the add-in

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Hi Graham,

But if the merge is executed to a new document and then that new
document is printed (as the macro is doing), then there is only one
print job that may require user acknowledgement.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It is not going to overcome the fact that primoPDF appears to
require a user acknowledgement for each record, which can get very
wearing with a large merge

Robo wrote:
Thanks Doug, That's a big help

See the article "How to do a mail merge to the printer using VBA,
without displaying the Print dialog" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...PrintrWVBA.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Robo" wrote in message
In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document
to printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print
dialog box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

True - except that he is using 2000. I guess you could use a catalog merge
to create a table with the required field names and then iterate through
that table to get the name to pass to PrimoPDF as your macro prints each
Section of the document created by executing the merge to a new document.

--

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Hi Graham,

But if the merge is executed to a new document and then that new
document is printed (as the macro is doing), then there is only one
print job that may require user acknowledgement.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It is not going to overcome the fact that primoPDF appears to
require a user acknowledgement for each record, which can get very
wearing with a large merge

Thanks Doug, That's a big help

"Robo" wrote in message
In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document
to printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print
dialog box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I am not convinced PrimoPDF is that flexible. It doesn't appear designed to
be automated.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Hi Graham,

But if the merge is executed to a new document and then that new
document is printed (as the macro is doing), then there is only one
print job that may require user acknowledgement.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It is not going to overcome the fact that primoPDF appears to
require a user acknowledgement for each record, which can get very
wearing with a large merge

Thanks Doug, That's a big help

"Robo" wrote in message
In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document
to printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print
dialog box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Graham,

You're right, that is the one where you have to pay to get the Developer
Extensions that would be necessary to allow you to do this. I remember it
now from when I was developing the add-in.

--

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Hi Graham,

But if the merge is executed to a new document and then that new
document is printed (as the macro is doing), then there is only one
print job that may require user acknowledgement.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It is not going to overcome the fact that primoPDF appears to
require a user acknowledgement for each record, which can get very
wearing with a large merge

Thanks Doug, That's a big help

"Robo" wrote in message
In Word 2000 I have the attached macro to send a merged document
to printer.
How can I send it directly to PrimoPDF without opening the print
dialog box?

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With

--
Robo

why does mail merge save as an access file sylmelnik Mailmerge 1 October 10th 06 11:44 AM
Save Mail Merge Matt Mailmerge 1 March 2nd 06 05:04 AM
word doc won't save or mail merge Mark Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 06 01:00 PM
how do I save mail merge records Sherry Mailmerge 7 August 15th 05 09:22 PM
How do I save a file for mail merge??? Wordwonderer Mailmerge 1 February 25th 05 07:55 AM