Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WSR WSR is offline

Default Word 2007 Highlighting Issue

Is it possible to change the default for Word when you highlight text
immediately after a word it also highlights the word to the left of the
highlight.

However if you highlight with a space after the word to the left, it leaves
it alone.

I'm too clumsy with my mouse, but I do know if I start highlighting to the
right of a word I do not want the word immediately to the left included in
the hightlight.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The option is 'When selecting, automatically select entire word'. Where you
find it depends on which version of Word you are using. In versions previous
to W2007, it is under Tools, Options, Edit tab: in Word 2007, it is in Word
Options, Advanced under the Editing section.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP