Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LeAnne LeAnne is offline

Default Strange Looking "New Blank Document"

Everytime I want to open a "New Blank Document", the document resembles a
square rather than the rectangle we're all used to.

I've checked Page Layout, and it is has the "Normal Margins" selected.

When I start typing, the cursor is at the very, very top of this square
document, so when I print the document, the text starts where it would
usually start on any other normal document (whatever the normal margin sizes
are).

Help! It's driving me crazy!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Latronica Jr. Steve Latronica Jr. is offline

On Aug 15, 1:42*pm, Leanne wrote:
Everytime I want to open a "New Blank Document", the document resembles a
square rather than the rectangle we're all used to.

I've checked Page Layout, and it is has the "Normal Margins" selected.

When I start typing, the cursor is at the very, very top of this square
document, so when I print the document, the text starts where it would
usually start on any other normal document (whatever the normal margin sizes
are).

Help! *It's driving me crazy!

Change your view..It sounds like your used to the Print Layout.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LeAnne LeAnne is offline

Aha!

Thank you. I knew it had to be something simple.

"Steve Latronica Jr." wrote:

On Aug 15, 1:42 pm, Leanne wrote:
Everytime I want to open a "New Blank Document", the document resembles a
square rather than the rectangle we're all used to.

I've checked Page Layout, and it is has the "Normal Margins" selected.

When I start typing, the cursor is at the very, very top of this square
document, so when I print the document, the text starts where it would
usually start on any other normal document (whatever the normal margin sizes
are).

Help! It's driving me crazy!

Change your view..It sounds like your used to the Print Layout.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What actually has happened is that you have the white space between pages
hidden. There is a setting for it under ToolsOptionsView in Word 2003, or
in Word 2007, its under Word Options (accessed via the Office button), then
Display and its the first item in the Page display options.

Alternatively, hover the mouse over the junction between two pages until the
shape of the cursor changes to a pair of vertically opposed arrows and then
double click the left mouse button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.