Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andrea Andrea is offline

Default Lost Product Key after Computer Wipe

I downloaded Microsoft Word (student version?) right before the trial on my
computer was over. When I had to wipe my computer recently I looked
everywhere for a place the product key would be stored in my computer and
came up empty. I now need my product key and have no idea how to get a hold
of someone to get it because the only help microsoft has must be paid for.
Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Latronica Jr. Steve Latronica Jr. is offline

On Aug 17, 11:08*pm, Andrea wrote:
I downloaded Microsoft Word (student version?) right before the trial on my
computer was over. *When I had to wipe my computer recently I looked
everywhere for a place the product key would be stored in my computer and
came up empty. *I now need my product key and have no idea how to get a hold
of someone to get it because the only help microsoft has must be paid for.. *
Help?

Had you used the utility below before the wipe, you would have been
able to locate they key no problem.
http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

I would think you are probably out of luck at this point, unless you
registered the product with MS and they have some kind of record of
you. There should be a number you can call when your product
activation fails.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How to obtain a new product key - see