Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CS CS is offline

Default Font default

Does anyone know why they changed the default font face from Times New Roman
to Calibri? I would like to be able to explain the reasoning to my students.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Jensen Harris, one of the Microsoft Office developers has a whole
explanation of the new fonts at his blog he
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...07/501009.aspx

TNR was original developed as an easily readable type face for narrow
snaking columns using relatively small print on poor quality paper using
ancient printing technology. In today's electronic world where much reading
is done on a digital screen and printing is done using quality printers, TNR
is not the best font for easy reading.

Personally I dislike TNR and I dislike the new fonts even more. The
exception being SegoeUI which I find really easy on my aging eyesight
especially on screen. It is particularly good for emails.

But this is all a personal preference.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CS" wrote in message
Does anyone know why they changed the default font face from Times New
Roman
to Calibri? I would like to be able to explain the reasoning to my
students.

Set default font :) Ziguana Microsoft Word Help 1 December 18th 06 05:48 AM
default font Garry Microsoft Word Help 2 June 10th 06 12:02 PM
Default font Jeffrey Microsoft Word Help 3 May 29th 06 04:04 PM
Why I can't set a default font ? Nien Hung New Users 2 February 27th 06 09:03 AM
Default Font Lloyd Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 03:42 PM