Hills

Default Incorrect data being merged

I have a datasource file that is a combination of spreadsheets that have
been copied and pasted together - I think one of them originated in
Access (not sure how it was exported to excel).

In the merge document I get the following message when trying to open
the document that contains the fields I get the message "Opening the
document will run the following SQL command SELECT * FROM sheet1$. Data
from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?"

When I merge the data it appears ok until I check information and in
some cases where I have X or a blank cell in the spreadsheet a 0 is
shown. I have tried copying & pasting the spreadsheet, pasting values,
clearing formatting etc. The only time I can get it took work is if I
retype the data from scrath into a blank spreadsheet (I did a quick
test).

Is it possible that this is still looking back to the original database
somewhere in the background? If so how do I stop this happening? Any
ideas as I'm going mad!!

--
Hills