Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martin martin is offline

Default Macro's Not Available When Restarting Word

I've created a Macro in Word 2007 and assigned a button to it. The macro
works fine until I close Word and reopen. After doing that, the button is
still visible but the macro behind it is no longer in the application. It's
not listed in the macro list either. Where did it go?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

By default it would have been stored in the normal template. For some reason
that template has not been saved - probably through interaction with a
poorly written add-in. Had this not been Word 2007, I would have said the
Acrobat 7 add-in, but that is not compatible with 2007..

Martin wrote:
I've created a Macro in Word 2007 and assigned a button to it. The
macro works fine until I close Word and reopen. After doing that,
the button is still visible but the macro behind it is no longer in
the application. It's not listed in the macro list either. Where
did it go?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The obvious answer to that is to identify the errant add-in and update or
remove it to allow Word to save the norma template as required.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm

Word 2007 does not use normal.dot, but normal.dotm which only Word can
create. You can open this file in Word, make changes and save it, which
should do the trick. In ordser to save it it would need something adding
that Word sees as a change. Adding a character to the text space and
deleting it should suffice.

Martin wrote:
I've created a Macro in Word 2007 and assigned a button to it. The
macro works fine until I close Word and reopen. After doing that,
the button is still visible but the macro behind it is no longer in
the application. It's not listed in the macro list either. Where
did it go?

Macro's in Word 07 from previous version rebecca Microsoft Word Help 8 February 12th 08 02:32 PM
Can Some tell me how to name my macro's so the name will work mike New Users 1 April 26th 07 04:00 PM
Macro's in MSWord Dani Microsoft Word Help 1 October 26th 06 10:12 AM
macro's HineT Microsoft Word Help 4 October 19th 05 06:39 PM
Restarting list numbers in Word 2000 Yol Formatting Long Documents 2 April 11th 05 12:00 AM