Question TOC

Default Table of Contents: format TOC so level 1 doublespaced after?

I want the TOC to look like

LIST OF TABLES

LIST OF FIGURES

ABSTRACT

CHAPTER ONE.

CHAPTER TWO.
2.1 Attitudes, Values, Knowledge, and Cognitive Dissonance
2.2 Wildlife Damage and Conflicts
2.3 Rationale
2.4 Hypotheses & Research Questions
2.4.1 Wildlife Activities and Wildlife Values
2.4.2 Wildlife Damage
2.4.3 Wildlife Damage Management Methods
2.4.4 Wildlife Damage Management Funding and Services

Luc

The formatting of the table of contents is controlled by 9 built-in styles
Toc1-Toc9.
You can modify these styles in the formatting and styles taskpane or you can
change them using the dialogue Index and tables accessed by Insert -
Reference - Index and tables. Click on the Modify button. Select your level
and hit Modify again, click on the format button and choose paragraph... Ok
you way out.
Luc
"Question TOC" Question schreef in bericht
I want the TOC to look like

LIST OF TABLES

LIST OF FIGURES

ABSTRACT

CHAPTER ONE.

CHAPTER TWO.
2.1 Attitudes, Values, Knowledge, and Cognitive Dissonance
2.2 Wildlife Damage and Conflicts
2.3 Rationale
2.4 Hypotheses & Research Questions
2.4.1 Wildlife Activities and Wildlife Values
2.4.2 Wildlife Damage
2.4.3 Wildlife Damage Management Methods
2.4.4 Wildlife Damage Management Funding and Services

Stefan Blom

Place the cursor in a level one paragraph in the table of contents. On
the Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Indents and Spacing tab.
Specify the desired value for Space Before or Space After. (From your
example it seems as if you want a blank line *above* each top-level
TOC entry. If this is so, you should specify 12 pt for Space Before.)
When you are done, click OK. Since TOC styles are set to automatically
update, this should immediately reflect in the other level one
entries.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Question TOC" Question wrote in
message ...
I want the TOC to look like

LIST OF TABLES

LIST OF FIGURES

ABSTRACT

CHAPTER ONE.

CHAPTER TWO.
2.1 Attitudes, Values, Knowledge, and Cognitive Dissonance
2.2 Wildlife Damage and Conflicts
2.3 Rationale
2.4 Hypotheses & Research Questions
2.4.1 Wildlife Activities and Wildlife Values
2.4.2 Wildlife Damage
2.4.3 Wildlife Damage Management Methods
2.4.4 Wildlife Damage Management Funding and Services

Debbie226

Dear Mr. Bloom: Your explanation is very easy to follow as you go step by
step. Please assist others with your straight forward approach as this is
the way to learn faster and without trying to sift through microsoft jargon
which takes me hours to understand when I have only a few minutes to do the
work. I am speaking for myself of course but as a legal secy we have a few
minutes to complete tons of work which we are not trained for. Debbie226

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Stefan Blom

I'm glad I could help!

--