Bryan

Default How do I change an Excel merge data source in Word?

I have created a form in word and have merged it with an Excel workbook. My
problem is that I want to merge data from more than one worksheet in the
workbook. Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest another solution?
Anne Troy

Hi, Bryan. Depending on the version of Word (please always include version
when asking questions), you just need to change the data source. If you're
viewing the mail merge toolbar, you can choose Open Data Source, and choose
a different one.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Bryan" wrote in message
I have created a form in word and have merged it with an Excel workbook.

My
problem is that I want to merge data from more than one worksheet in the
workbook. Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest another solution?

Anne Troy

So, if you show the mail merge toolbar, then you should click the button to
Open Data Source. Then you can go get the different sheet.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Bryan" wrote in message
I have created a form in word and have merged it with an Excel

workbook.
My
problem is that I want to merge data from more than one worksheet in

the
workbook. Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest another

solution?

Bryan

Open Data source is not on my tool bar nor is it in the add buttons helper.
That's my problem - there is no where for me to select the page from Excel
that I want. My only choice is entire workbook.

"Bryan" wrote in message
I have created a form in word and have merged it with an Excel

workbook.
My
problem is that I want to merge data from more than one worksheet in

the
workbook. Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest another

solution?

Anne Troy

Then go to the other sheets, select your data and type in named ranges. For
instance, call sheet2's data sheet2data or something like that.

Try resetting your mail merge toolbar, too:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Bryan" wrote in message
I have created a form in word and have merged it with an Excel

workbook.
My
problem is that I want to merge data from more than one worksheet

in
the
workbook. Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest another

solution?

Doug Robbins

Mailmerge can only use a single flat data source. You will have the create
a new sheet in your Excel file that replicates on that one sheet (by
reference to the appropriate cells on the other sheets) ALL of the data that
you wish to be merged. Then you use that sheet as the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bryan" wrote in message
I have created a form in word and have merged it with an Excel
workbook.

My
problem is that I want to merge data from more than one worksheet in
the
workbook. Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest another
solution?

Bryan

Thanks Anne

"Bryan" wrote in message
I have created a form in word and have merged it with an Excel
workbook.
My
problem is that I want to merge data from more than one worksheet

in
the
workbook. Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest another
solution?

insert Excel data into Word Mail Merge document RRemy Mailmerge 2 June 25th 05 04:52 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Merge data in Excel Spreadsheet into a word document Prospect Hospice Mailmerge 1 April 22nd 05 08:31 PM
Formatting a word mailmerge with Excel data source Tracey Mailmerge 2 March 15th 05 02:07 PM