Beth

Default How to delete additional pages MS automatically adds

When using MS Word, new pages are automatically added. How can I delete them
when I don't want them, or no text rolls over to them. Or how can I prevent
MS from adding the pages without asking in the first place?
Anne Troy

Stop typing so much? Word will add pages as necessary to fit on the default
paper size. You're likely adding paragraph returns at the end of your
document. You can't see them because you don't have your show/hide button
on. Turn it on:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Beth" wrote in message
When using MS Word, new pages are automatically added. How can I delete

them
when I don't want them, or no text rolls over to them. Or how can I

prevent
MS from adding the pages without asking in the first place?

Beth

Anne Troy answered my question and that will work fine if I am just typing,
but I am doing a newsletter and I can't use a publisher program because I
email it to the recipitants and most of them can't open a publisher file, but
they can a word file. So as I'm trying to insert different articles, almost
every time some of the text gets down too far and ms inserts another page. I
would like to be able to delete that page.

"Beth" wrote:

When using MS Word, new pages are automatically added. How can I delete them
when I don't want them, or no text rolls over to them. Or how can I prevent
MS from adding the pages without asking in the first place?

Anne Troy

If the text is actually on that page, then you must decrease margins or
decrease the font to make it fit into the number of pages you want. If you
end up with just one paragraph return that breaks to a new page, then you
can choose not to print that page. Word doesn't really have a "limit to X
pages" feature, unless it's just one page, and that can be found in the
print preview toolbar. But if you're emailing the document, then I would say
you have no reason not to just decrease the margins to make it all fit onto
the desired number of pages.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com