Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cooker562

Default what is the best software for simple word processing

I'm looking for a simple word processing program. It's mainly for writing
letters, resumes,organization. Is Word enough or should I get into Works? I'm
a newbie at these things. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Works would be fine *but* Word is almost universally accepted. If you have
Word, use it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"cooker562" wrote in message
I'm looking for a simple word processing program. It's mainly for writing
letters, resumes,organization. Is Word enough or should I get into Works?
I'm
a newbie at these things. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y29va2VyNTYy?=,

I'm looking for a simple word processing program. It's mainly for writing
letters, resumes,organization. Is Word enough or should I get into Works?

If you haven't purchased anything, yet, you might want to look at WordPad
that comes with Windows. If that's not powerful enough for what you need,
then you can consider what to get. FWIW, most versions of Works contain
Word.

If you're debating Word stand-alone (not as part of Office) vs. Works, Works
with Word might be the better bet as you'd be getting a basic
spreadsheet/database capability as part of the Works package.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org