Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sgarrington

Default Word Forms and wrapping text

I am creating a form in Word 2003. How do I make the text in a table wrap
around the box rather than extend the box horizonally in one line? There
appears to be no way to fix this in the properties of the "ab" key.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

sgarrington wrote:
I am creating a form in Word 2003. How do I make the text in a table
wrap around the box rather than extend the box horizonally in one
line? There appears to be no way to fix this in the properties of the
"ab" key.

You're right, there is no way within the properties of the form field. To do
this, place the form field in a cell of a table, and click Table AutoFit
Fixed Column Width. You can use Format Borders & Shading to turn off the
table borders so the cell isn't apparent.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

It sounds like your table does not have a set preferred width. Click Table
Table properties and on the Table tab see if Preferred width is checked. If
not, you need to check it and set a preferred width. Then, on the Cell tab,
click Options and check Wrap text if it is not already checked.

"sgarrington" wrote:

I am creating a form in Word 2003. How do I make the text in a table wrap
around the box rather than extend the box horizonally in one line? There
appears to be no way to fix this in the properties of the "ab" key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gena Culbreath Gena Culbreath is offline

I followed the steps below, but the text is still not wrapping. Should I
change the height of the cell or some other table property?