Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default combining mailmerge database files

How would I combine two database files into one for mail merging? If I have
two separate lists (database files) how do I make them one new list for
merging?
Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How you merge files depends on what format they are and whether they have
the same number of fields. Probably the simplest method in the absence of
this information is to create a directory merge into a single row table
containing a column for each of the required fields. Merge to a new
document. Repeat with the other data file - paste one table to the end of
the first. Add a heading row and you have a new data file.

Dave F wrote:
How would I combine two database files into one for mail merging? If
I have two separate lists (database files) how do I make them one new
list for merging?
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave F Dave F is offline

Graham
They are mdb files, if that helps. I'm fairly computer illiterate, if you
could explain it very simply, if it isn't too much trouble.
Thanks.

Dave F wrote:
How would I combine two database files into one for mail merging? If
I have two separate lists (database files) how do I make them one new
list for merging?
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Then it would be best if you told us what version of Word you are using.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Dave F wrote:
How would I combine two database files into one for mail merging? If
I have two separate lists (database files) how do I make them one new
list for merging?
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave F Dave F is offline

I'm using Word 2003. I have it figured out how to do it. There may be a
quicker way, but I'm able to do it. Thanks, both of you, for the help.

Dave F wrote:
How would I combine two database files into one for mail merging? If
I have two separate lists (database files) how do I make them one new
list for merging?
Thanks for the help.

Combining multiple files WGS Brown Microsoft Word Help 3 December 22nd 06 04:09 AM
Combining Word97 files User Tables 4 May 14th 06 04:23 PM
Mailmerge picture from an Access Database Rick Microsoft Word Help 1 April 4th 06 05:48 AM
Mailmerge w/Excel locks the database fishcents Mailmerge 1 November 17th 05 08:28 AM
Mailmerge with an Access database? prismlight Mailmerge 4 July 14th 05 10:14 PM