Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Goldstein

Default Border & graphic

We have a newsletter in which a border surrounds several paragraphs. We
have a picture in tight layout mode that we wish to place within the border
as shown in the attachment. Even though the picture is in no-fill mode, the
border on the left of the picture does not show. It only shows if the
picture is moved to the center of the column. Is there any way to
accomplish this using a border instead of a vector-graphic rectangle?

Chuck

Attached Files
File Type: doc Border_graphic.doc (45.5 KB, 108 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jils

i can see the border just fine, chuck, unless i'm misunderstanding your
query. i see a border all round the paragraphs and the picture, which is
in the top left corner.
or is this an illustration of an old newsletter behaving correctly, and
not a picture of the one that's not working? IF this is an old, correct
one, can you not replace the pic & text with the new pic & text to
achieve the same outcome?

Chuck Goldstein wrote:
We have a newsletter in which a border surrounds several paragraphs. We
have a picture in tight layout mode that we wish to place within the border
as shown in the attachment. Even though the picture is in no-fill mode, the
border on the left of the picture does not show. It only shows if the
picture is moved to the center of the column. Is there any way to
accomplish this using a border instead of a vector-graphic rectangle?

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Goldstein

jils,

Sorry about that. Must have sent you the version with the vector graphic
drawn around the paragraph. The right one should be attached.

Chuck