Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ksexyman ksexyman is offline

Default How do you get rid of paragraph symbols in a word document?

I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now whenever I
press the return button in a word document the "paragraph symbol" shows up.
Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash appears. How do I get rid of
this and get back to what I call normal format? Please Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

What you're referring to are non-printing characters. Just click the pilcrow
(paragraph symbol) on your toolbar. Go to Tools|Options|View and deselect
the options under Formatting marks.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"ksexyman" wrote:

I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now whenever I
press the return button in a word document the "paragraph symbol" shows up.
Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash appears. How do I get rid of
this and get back to what I call normal format? Please Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click the ¶ button on the toolbar. (That's why it has that symbol, the same
as the paragraph mark...) See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ksexyman wrote:
I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now
whenever I press the return button in a word document the "paragraph
symbol" shows up. Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash
appears. How do I get rid of this and get back to what I call normal
format? Please Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
YStress YStress is offline

Merely clicking the 'paragraph mark' does not always deselect this feature.
There are times you may need to go into Tools/Options/Formatting Marks &
deselect the check box next to paragraph.

Careful not to assume Jay Freedman

Shari