Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ker_01 Ker_01 is offline

Default Weird line at bottom of page (Word2003)

I have a document that I'm editing, including typing new text, some
formatting of tables, etc. All of the sudden, I realize that there is a
heavy (2.5 point?) horizontal line at the bottom of every page (all the way
across from edge to edge, no margin), about 1/4 of an inch from the bottom.
I can't select the line with the mouse. I also checked borders & shading for
the last line on a few of the pages, and they show no borders.

My first thought, since it is on every page, is that somehow I did something
to the footer (The document header and footer are empty, but it still seemed
like a logical conclusion). However, when I open header/footer, the line
turns light grey like the rest of the background document, and can't be
selected from within the footer either. I also checked the border on the
footer just to be sure, but it is all blank.

The line is not visible on "normal" layout view, but I always use "print"
layout view, which is where it is showing. The line does show when printed,
with probably a .2" gap to the left side of the paper and .15 to the right,
which are probably the limits of my printer.

Any other ideas what I can check? Word2003 on WinXP.

Thanks!
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

In the Borders and Shading dialog box did you try looking at the Page Border
tab?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Ker_01" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ker_01 Ker_01 is offline

Ah, I must have clicked on the page tab accidently and not realized it (I've
haven't ever used page borders). Problem solved- Thanks Beth!
Keith