Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
low sox low sox is offline

Default Deleting File dropdown menu items

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

In Word, click on Tools | Customize. Open the File menu at the top of the
screen and drag the unwanted commands off of the menu to delete them. Click
on Close. If you are prompted to save changes to your global normal.dot
template when you exit Word, say yes.

"David" wrote:

I have a scanner installed. When I installed the software an item called
aquire text showed up in my file dropdown menu. I upgraded the scanner
software and a new item in addition to the orginal aquire text item showed up
with the upgrade version number. I uninstalled the upgrade version and the
orginal version of the software but the menu items for both are still there.
I have since upgraded to Word 2003 and the items showed up when I installed
the new Word. How can I get them off my file menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
low sox low sox is offline

"low sox" wrote: Tried your fix but could not open the list to move unwanted
file out
I would appreciate your comment.

"David" wrote:

I have a scanner installed. When I installed the software an item called
aquire text showed up in my file dropdown menu. I upgraded the scanner
software and a new item in addition to the orginal aquire text item showed up
with the upgrade version number. I uninstalled the upgrade version and the
orginal version of the software but the menu items for both are still there.
I have since upgraded to Word 2003 and the items showed up when I installed
the new Word. How can I get them off my file menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you click on the menu with the Customize dialog open?

"David" wrote:

I have a scanner installed. When I installed the software an item

called
aquire text showed up in my file dropdown menu. I upgraded the

scanner
software and a new item in addition to the orginal aquire text item

showed up
with the upgrade version number. I uninstalled the upgrade version

and the
orginal version of the software but the menu items for both are

still there.
I have since upgraded to Word 2003 and the items showed up when I

installed
the new Word. How can I get them off my file menu?

Disabling items in a menu Charlie''s Word VBA questions Microsoft Word Help 2 March 29th 06 08:33 AM
merge instructions from text file Steve Mailmerge 8 November 26th 05 03:31 AM
Delete menu items Freddy New Users 2 October 29th 05 04:33 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
not responding when using the open command from the file menu Katdog Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 04:41 AM