Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Default Highlighting

Is there a way to change the way highlighting displays and prints? Somebody
sent me a long document for my review. Certain provisions are highlighted
in yellow, which is fineon the screen. But my wonderful black-and-white
laser printer does not do yellow very well. In fact, the print gets a
little hard to read! Is there a way to change how that highlighting works?
Without just turning it off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can use the Replace command to apply another highlight color. Do as
follows:

1. First select the new highlight color you want (via the Highlight menu on
the Standard toolbar.

2. Select Edit Replace (Ctrl+H). Click the €śMore€ť button. Click in the
€śFind what€ť field, then select Format Highlight. Click in the €śReplace
with€ť field, then select Format Highlight again. Now €śHighlight€ť should
appear below both fields (leave the fields empty).

Follow step 3A or 3B:

3A. If it is OK to replace the highlight color of _all_ highlighted text in
the document by the color you selected in step 1: Click €śReplace All€ť.

3B. If you only want to replace _yellow_ highlight, use the €śFind Next€ť
button. Click €śReplace€ť if the selection is yellow (note that yellow becomes
blue when selected), else click €śFind Next€ť again.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Joe McGuire" wrote:

Is there a way to change the way highlighting displays and prints? Somebody
sent me a long document for my review. Certain provisions are highlighted
in yellow, which is fineon the screen. But my wonderful black-and-white
laser printer does not do yellow very well. In fact, the print gets a
little hard to read! Is there a way to change how that highlighting works?
Without just turning it off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hi Joe -

The only ways that I can think of are a) If the printer offers a Black &
White setting the Highlighting "shouldn't" print (as long as it's a light
color), or b) Select All, set highlighting to None, print the doc, then Undo
the highlight removal or close without saving the change.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/28/06 3:36 PM, in article , "Joe
McGuire" wrote:

Is there a way to change the way highlighting displays and prints? Somebody
sent me a long document for my review. Certain provisions are highlighted
in yellow, which is fineon the screen. But my wonderful black-and-white
laser printer does not do yellow very well. In fact, the print gets a
little hard to read! Is there a way to change how that highlighting works?
Without just turning it off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

It works. Thanks. I wanted to preserve the highlighting butin a way that
would let it work beter with b/w printing.

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
You can use the Replace command to apply another highlight color. Do as
follows:

1. First select the new highlight color you want (via the Highlight menu
on
the Standard toolbar.

2. Select Edit Replace (Ctrl+H). Click the "More" button. Click in the
"Find what" field, then select Format Highlight. Click in the "Replace
with" field, then select Format Highlight again. Now "Highlight" should
appear below both fields (leave the fields empty).

Follow step 3A or 3B:

3A. If it is OK to replace the highlight color of _all_ highlighted text
in
the document by the color you selected in step 1: Click "Replace All".

3B. If you only want to replace _yellow_ highlight, use the "Find Next"
button. Click "Replace" if the selection is yellow (note that yellow
becomes
blue when selected), else click "Find Next" again.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg