Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Drawing pointer in Word 2007

In earlier versions of Word, there was a pointer that could be selected to
enable selecting multiple drawing objects on a page while ignoring the text.
Is it gone with 2007? Is there any similar tool/method?

Thanks, Jim
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The Select Object command is found on the Home tab in the Editing group
under the Select drop down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Jim" wrote in message
In earlier versions of Word, there was a pointer that could be selected to
enable selecting multiple drawing objects on a page while ignoring the
text.
Is it gone with 2007? Is there any similar tool/method?

Thanks, Jim
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Wow, I've been in fits since upgrading to 2007, having thought I lost my
object looper. Thanks Beth!

Jim.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"Jim" wrote in message
In earlier versions of Word, there was a pointer that could be selected to
enable selecting multiple drawing objects on a page while ignoring the
text.
Is it gone with 2007? Is there any similar tool/method?

Thanks, Jim
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. :-)

It's definitely a command that isn't discoverable. During the beta I filed a
bug on its 'absence' in the Ribbon. I felt a little silly when they pointed
out where it was. g

If you get stuck again, check out the "Guides for the Office 2007 Interface"
page using the link in my signature. Along with interactive guide you can
download Ribbon mapping workbooks that can provide you with the location of
a command in the new version.