waterskyle

Default how to insert a diameter symbol into text?

I want to insert a diameter symbol into text. I don't see the symbol on the
unicode chart...is it possible?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to insert a diameter symbol into text?

Yes, it is possible to insert a diameter symbol into text in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Place the cursor where you want to insert the diameter symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select "More Symbols."
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  6. Scroll down until you find the diameter symbol (it looks like a circle with a horizontal line through the middle).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The diameter symbol should now be inserted into your text.

If you need to use the diameter symbol frequently, you can also assign a keyboard shortcut to it. Here's how:
  1. Follow steps 1-5 above to open the "Symbol" dialog box.
  2. Select the diameter symbol, and then click on the "Shortcut Key" button.
  3. In the "Customize Keyboard" dialog box, click on the "Press new shortcut key" box.
  4. Press the key combination you want to use as the shortcut (e.g. Ctrl+D).
  5. Click on the "Assign" button, and then click on "Close."
  6. The diameter symbol should now be assigned to the keyboard shortcut you selected.
__________________
Ed

Try Ctrl + /, Shift + O (letter "O").

"waterskyle" wrote in message
I want to insert a diameter symbol into text. I don't see the symbol on

the
unicode chart...is it possible?

Klaus Linke

"waterskyle" wrote:
I want to insert a diameter symbol into text. I don't see the
symbol on the unicode chart...is it possible?

Besides the "latin letter capital O with stroke" Ø (U+00D8) that Ed
mentioned, there's also a diameter symbol in some fonts: U+2205 (type 2205,
Alt+X in Word 2002/2003).

Greetings,
Klaus

End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
How do I insert paragraph marks and tabs in text custom values? Alvaro Cubero Microsoft Word Help 1 May 10th 05 02:36 AM
Insert Auto Text Chad Page Layout 1 February 3rd 05 08:16 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 04:44 PM