PLS32439

Default How do I change the printable area in Word

I get the following message when I try to print a document:

"The margins of Section 1 are outside the printable area of the page. Do
you want to continue?"

The bottom part of my documents are getting cut off. Does anyone know how
to fix this? The printer drivers, etc. appear to be working fine.

Thanks

Herb Tyson [MVP]

You need to avoid the non-printable area for your printer, and make sure
nothing you're telling Word to print is outside the area that's physically
possible. This area cannot be changed, unless you're an engineer, and a
darned good one, as well. ;-)

Generally speaking, for most printers, there is an area around the edges of
the paper of about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch that your printer is physically
incapable of printing on. So, you need to keep any text or graphics from
extending into that area.

In Print Preview, look at the margins, and see if anything is too close to
the edge of the paper. If it is, then set your margins further from the
edge, or drag graphics further from the edge, etc.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com