Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Malin Malin is offline

Default Can't delete some text!

I'm working in a word document and make a lot of changes. For some reason I
can't delete some parts. I've tried to use backspace and delete with no
success. Other parts of the text works just fine!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't delete some text!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble deleting some text in your Word document. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on and get it fixed.

First, try highlighting the text you want to delete and pressing the "Delete" key on your keyboard. If that doesn't work, try these steps:
  1. Check if the text is in a protected section of the document. If it is, you'll need to unprotect that section before you can delete the text. To do this, go to the "Review" tab in the ribbon, click on "Restrict Editing," and then click on "Stop Protection" if it's available.
  2. Check if the text is in a table or a text box. If it is, you'll need to select the table or text box first, and then delete the text inside. To select a table, click anywhere inside it and then click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon. To select a text box, click on the border of the box to select it.
  3. Check if the text is in a header or footer. If it is, you'll need to go to the "Insert" tab in the ribbon, click on "Header" or "Footer," and then click on "Edit Header" or "Edit Footer" to access the text. Once you've deleted the text, click on "Close Header and Footer" to return to the main document.
  4. If none of the above steps work, try copying the text you want to keep to a new document, and then deleting the original document. This should remove any formatting or other issues that might be preventing you from deleting the text.

I hope one of these solutions works for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What version of Word? That can [always] make a difference, but it sounds
like the doc is Protected in certain sections... Go to the Tools menu & see
if it contains an "UnProtect Document" command. If so, select it to turn the
protection off. As long as it isn't password protected you should be OK.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Malin" wrote in message
I'm working in a word document and make a lot of changes. For some reason
can't delete some parts. I've tried to use backspace and delete with no
success. Other parts of the text works just fine!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Malin Malin is offline

Word 2003. It seems to have something to do with tracking of changes...maybe
I try to delete already deleted text.

"Malin" wrote in message
I'm working in a word document and make a lot of changes. For some reason
can't delete some parts. I've tried to use backspace and delete with no
success. Other parts of the text works just fine!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If Track Changes is On [depending on settings] deletions are retained and
displayed in the document until the change is either Accepted or Rejected.
You can use the Reviewing toolbar to display the Final appearance of the
document, but that doesn't actually *finalize* the doc.

Assuming you don't want to be tracking the changes, turn Track Changes Off
then accept/reject all changes & save.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Malin" wrote in message
I'm working in a word document and make a lot of changes. For some
reason
can't delete some parts. I've tried to use backspace and delete with no
success. Other parts of the text works just fine!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

It sounds like you are tracking changes, but have deleted text set as hidden.
When you do that, the things you have deleted are still "there" even though
you can't see them any more. When you backspace to a spot where deleted text
is hidden, the backspace function stops because the computer says, "I can't
delete that because it's already deleted."

All you need to do is use the arrow keys to move the insertion point one
space past the deleted text and the backspace key will start working again.
Alternatively, you can just select the text and hit "Delete."

I hope this helps.

Fred