How do I delete a file name from the file drop down list?

Old February 17th 07, 06:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz on the pickle boat

Default How do I delete a file name from the file drop down list?

There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I would
like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to delete them
I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in add or remove file!
Old February 17th 07, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're talking about the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu, you can
remove specific files by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen, then clicking on the
filename. Use this shortcut with care, as it will remove *any* menu item you
click on.

Old February 18th 07, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most Recently Used.

"Liz on the pickle boat"
wrote in message ...
What is a MRU list ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're talking about the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu, you

can
remove specific files by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen, then clicking on the
filename. Use this shortcut with care, as it will remove *any* menu item

you
click on.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old February 20th 07, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Hello....I'm aving the same problem....I have MS word 2000 & when I go
to my "SAVE AS" window & type in the File Name Field Box it gives me a
drop down list of names that were entered from before but, these
documents no longer exist. How can I get rid of these names.

Please Advise. Thanks

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"Liz on the pickle boat" Liz on the pickle
wrote in ...

There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I

would
like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to delete

them
I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in add or remove file!- Hide quoted text -

Old February 20th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz on the pickle boat[_2_]

Suzanne was good But if I can do what Gram said, that will be better cause I
do not want to do the wrong line on accident. Follow his prompts it is good.

Old February 17th 07, 08:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See also http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 18th 07, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz on the pickle boat[_2_]

Good site but holy cow for a biginner frighting, can it be done simplely?
Like A B C
If I do that there would go my computer woops all messed up now what do I
do. Thank you

Old February 18th 07, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You've already been given a simple solution; wasn't it simple and
unthreatening enough for you?