Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default HOW DO I INSERT THE COUNTERSINK SYMBOL IN WORD

I'm looking for a symbol to insert in microsoft work that represents the
countersink symbol found in a drafting drawing.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HOW DO I INSERT THE COUNTERSINK SYMBOL IN WORD

  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  6. Scroll down the list of symbols until you find the countersink symbol (it looks like a circle with a diagonal line through it).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click the "Insert" button.
  8. The countersink symbol should now be inserted into your document.

If you need to insert the countersink symbol frequently, you can also add it to your "Quick Access Toolbar" for easy access. Simply right-click on the symbol and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar."
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

A quick Google suggests it is U+2335 - so either type 2335 and press Alt+X
or press and hold Alt and type 9013 on the numeric pad (9013 is the decimal
equivalent of hex 2335).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Jack" Jack @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
news
I'm looking for a symbol to insert in microsoft work that represents the
countersink symbol found in a drafting drawing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have to use it a lot, hunt it down in Insert Symbol and create
a keyboard shortcut. (When you insert it with Tony's method, you can
see which font it's in, and set that font in Insert Symbol, so you'll
be sure to be able to locate it.)